No products in the cart.
This healthy salad is made with cooked lentils and diced fresh diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, parsley and lemon juice – perfect to make ahead for lunch for the week as the flavors only get better overnight.
- 1cup dry brown lentils
- 1bay leaf
- 2sprigs fresh thyme
- 1cup finely diced carrots
- 1/3cup finely diced celery
- 1/4cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cob fresh corn (optional)
- 1/4cup minced parsley
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 5tbsp lemon juice (can substitute 2 tbsp of OTOT ancho chili or other vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon OTOT extra virgin olive oil (or citrus-infused olive oil)
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan combine lentils, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender but not mushy, about 16 to 20 minutes.
- Drain lentils and discard bay leaf.
- Place in a large work bowl with carrots, celery, red pepper, red onion, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve chilled or room temperature.
- Makes 4 1/2 cups.
Source: adapted from https://www.skinnytaste.com/lentil-salad/