No products in the cart.
Adapted Recipe by Naomi Green of The IV Greenhouse! For Imperfect Produce
Coconut and lime are a flavor vacation for me! This carrot coconut and lime soup is my ideal flavor combination wrapped up into a delicious and comforting bowl of healthy goodness. It’s so refreshing that it makes you feel like it could be summer outside yet it’s still warming and comforting enough to be eaten on a snow day. Its the best of both worlds and it couldn’t be easier to make!
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots*, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion*, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil* (I used OTOT extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 c veggie stock* (I used 3 cups)
- 4 c coconut milk* (I used 2cups)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of half of a lime*
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- I also added 1/8 tsp each of cinnamon and ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*Ingredient available to add to your Imperfect box
- Heat your coconut oil in a dutch oven or large soup pot
- Once hot, add onions and carrots and let sweat for approximately 10-15 minutes until the carrots start to soften and the onion is translucent.
- Add the stock, turmeric, cayenne, and lime zest and bring to a boil, allow the pot to simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once the carrots are soft, turn off the heat and add the coconut milk. Use an immersion blender or add to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Gently reheat the soup for about 5-10 minutes and add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with extra black pepper and lime zest!
This soup is also delicious served chill so be sure to make extra for tomorrow’s lunch (and dinner)!