No products in the cart.
Maialino’s Olive Oil Cake
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4cup sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil (OTOT Ascolano-
- Mission or blend 1/3 cup of Blood Orange oil)
- 1 1/4cup whole milk and 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4cup Grand Marnier (or Cointreau)
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Oil, butter, or spray a 9-inch cake pan that is at least 2 inches deep with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. (If your cake pan is less than 2 inches deep, divide between 2 pans and start checking for doneness at 30 minutes.)
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the olive oil, milk, eggs, orange zest and juice and Grand Marnier.
- Add the dry ingredients; whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, until the top is golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely for 2 hours.
Adapted Recipe from: Maialino’s restaurant in NYC