No products in the cart.
Farmers’ Market Panzanella
Ingredients for Salad and Croutons
- 3 Tablespoons Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small french bread or ciabatta, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus freshly ground pepper
- 2 large tomatoes and one basket of grape or cherry tomatoes (look for the best and brightest, whatever catches your eye!)
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and cut into chunks (I leave the seeds in, but you can take them out if you prefer)
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh basil, either julienned or coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustart
- 3 tablespoons OTOT champagne mimosa vinegar
- 1/2 cup OTOT Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Frantoio or Ascolano/Mission)
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Croutons: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Basil Olive Oil and french bread in a bowl; toss until bread is all covered, season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Spread on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- For Dressing: whisk together all ingredients.
For Salad: In large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onion, basil and capers. Add the croutons and toss with 1/2 the dressing. Add more as needed. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Allow the salad to sit at least half an hour for the flavors to blend.