No products in the cart.
- 2 slices of bread (use day old french bread or sourdough)
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, skin on, cut into 1-inch cubes (mild Arbequina or CA Blend)
- 1/4 cup olive oil Spice Blend: 1/4 tsp each of cumin, cayenne, sea salt, black pepper, garlic salt
- 4 slices of turkey bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Maple-Dijon Dressing
- In a jam jar…
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (medium bodied Ascolano/mission or Frantoio)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5 oz (a good hand full) of mixed greens
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or wheat berries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Tear up the bread and toss onto the baking sheet. Add the sweet potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with the spice blend. Toss. Mixing well. Scatter bacon pieces on top.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, turning once, until everything is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Add the first four ingredients to an empty jam jar. Season with salt and pepper. Screw the lid on tight and shake like crazy.
- When the sweet potatoes are soft and the bacon is golden, remove from the oven. Cool for about 5 minutes before adding the greens.
- When ready to serve, add baby greens directly to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with dried fruit, quinoa or wheat berries, and drizzle lightly with dressing. Crumble the goat chees over the top and toss gently to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted Recipe from: The Clever Cookbook by Emilie Raffa