> Cauliflower & White Bean Salad
> Pasta w Herb Mushrooms & Sun-dried Tomatoes
>Olive Oil Cake with Vanilla Yogurt
>Easy 'Go to' Pasta
>Roasted Miniature Peppers
>An entire menu plan!!: Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs with Pistachios, Mixed salad, hummus, and herb-galic couscous. (BYOB Sept 27-Thx Tracy!! )
>Fingerling Potatoes with Balsamic Vinegar (Oct 3)
>Watermelon Salad (Sept 12)
>Southwestern Blend Pasta Salad w Chicken & Corn (Sept 12)
>Grilled Peach & Prosciutto (Sept 12)
>Chocolate Pasta with Blueberry Reduction Sauce (Sept 12)
>Fagioli all'Uccelletto (Sept 12)
>Simple Lemony Ricotta Sauce over Lemon Parsley Mafaldine (Sept 12)
>Strawberry Caprese (Aug 12)
>Mom's Poppyseed Pound Cake (Aug 12)
>Lemon & Coconut Marinade (Jul 12)
>Vanilla Cream Sauce (Jul 12)
>Turkish Barley, Cucumber Yogurt Salad (Jul 12)
>Salmon w Perian Lime EVOO (Jun 12)
Olive Oil Cake with Vanilla Yogurt and Caramelized Pears (or Apples)
Cauliflower & White Bean Salad
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
21/2 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)**
1 15-oz. can white beans (such as Great Northern or navy beans), drained
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp. Rosemary Olive Oil
2 large heads of Belgian endive, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
Combine cauliflower, beans, endive, chives, parsley, and extra virgin olive oil and rosemary oil in medium bowl; toss. Add lemon juice mixture and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
Note: Add 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
Basil, Spinach or Garlic Pasta with Garlic & Herb Mushrooms and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Basil, Spinach or Garlic Pasta 16oz
Italian Blend with Garlic Olive Oil
Sun-Dried Tomatoes, cut in slivers
Feta Cheese, crumbled
For Garlic and Herb Mushrooms***:
Olive oil spray or nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 pounds button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
For butter mixture, mix last six ingredients together. Butter can be kept approximately 2 weeks in refrigerator.
Prepare 4 squares of foil by spraying them with olive oil spray. Place one-quarter (about 6 oz) of the mushrooms on each square of foil. Top each mushroom pile with one-quarter of the butter mixture, dolloping it around so that it is fairly well distributed. Wrap the foil securely around the mushrooms, leaving room for heat and steam to circulate inside. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.
Make mushrooms as above.
Boil pot of water for pasta. Add pasta, cook for 8 – 10 minutes until pasta tests done. Drain.
Drizzle pasta with olive oil to taste. Add mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese as desired.
***From Campfire Cuisine by Robin Donovan
Lemony Ricotta Sauce over Lemon Parsley Mafaldine Pasta
1 lb Pappardelle's Lemon Parsley Pasta
1 c high quality ricotta
2 Tsp extra virgin olive oil (suggest basil or lemon)
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 c basil leaves washed & torn into small pieces
1. Cook pasta about 8 min in rapidly boiling water. Drain, but reserve 1/4 c of cooking liquid.
2. In a large servicing bowl mix the ricotta w the olive oil, lemon zest and juice. Add drained pasta on top of ricotta mixture and stir well. Sprinkle with basil leaves and sea salt. Serve immediately. If pasta becomes dry, add reserve liquid.
NOTE: We served this at our 2nd Party and it was gone before I even had a taste. I heard it was fantastic! jp
Mom's Poppyseed Pound Cake
1 box yellow cake mix (or from scratch)
1 box vanilla pudding mix (ok - it's a recipe from the 60s!)
1 cup olive oil (lemon preferred)
3/4 cream sherry (what is that??)
Mix all ingredients well and pour into angel food pan (or 9x9 pan)
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Southwestern Blend Pasta Salad w Chicken & Fresh Corn
1 lb Pappardelle's Southwestern Blend Pasta
2 Tsp olive oil
2 c diced cooked chicken
6 fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
2 c fresh corn kernels
1 15oz can black or pinto beans, drained
1 12 oz bottle mild green or red taco sauce
1 fresh jalapeño, seeded, deveined, chopped
1 c chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook pasta about 8-10 min in rapidly boiling water; drain & rinse
2. Transfer pasta to large bowl; add oil and toss to coat. Mix in chicken, green onions, tomatoes, corn, beans, taco sauce, jalapeño and cilantro. Season salad generously with salt and paper.
NOTE: Another Über popular dish served at one of our partys.
2 c sliced strawberries
1 bunch chopped basil
1 c bocconicini (mozzarella balls)
1/2 c chopped walnuts
Combine all and dress with olive oil, balsamic and salt salt.
Recipe by Erin Cleeson. Found in edible San Francisco magazine.
Lemon and Coconut Marinade
2 TBL Lemon EVOO
2 TBL Coconut White Balsamic
1 TBL Mango Chutney
1 fresh peach chopped
fresh grated ginger
salt and peper
Marinate HALIBUT for 3 hours
Grill and squeeze 1/2 lime ib top
Thanks for sharing Julie!! Who says her husband was amazed!
Turkish Barley, Cucumber & Yogurt Salad
This salad is part of the first course, called meza. It is refreshing, healthy, delicious and a favorite! Broccoli can be used in place of the cucumber.
1 cup pearled barley (If time allows soak barley overnight in water)
3 or 4 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (we recommend our Turkish Memecik)
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tsp Aleppo chili
1 tsp Greek oregano
1 tsp sumac
Freshly ground black pepper
Lemon juice to taste
1. Rinse the barley and put it in a saucepan with water to cover by at least 2 inches. Add a large pinch of salt and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the barley is tender, about 20 minutes from the time the water boils. Drain and spread on a plate to cool (if you’re in a hurry, you can rinse under cold water for a minute or so).
2. Cut cucumber into bite-sized chunks. Optional: put cucumber in a colander or strainer, and sprinkle with about a tablespoon of salt. Let sit for 20 minutes or so, then rinse and drain well. The Turks would grate the cucumber, but I like the texture of the diced veggie.
3. Toss together the first 5 ingredients in a salad bowl. Whisk the next 4 ingredients. Toss this dressing with the cucumber mixture, then taste and adjust the seasoning adding lemon juice. Sprinkle extra sumac on top for color and taste.
Source: The Spice Tin
Vanilla Cream Sauce for Chocolate Pasta
1/2 Vanilla Bean cut open and remove seeds
1 1/2 cup whole mild - use whole bean and seeds
Heat over medium heat until milk begins to steam and let stand for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, beat 5 egg yolks with 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt.
Slowly whisk egg yolk mixture in milk and heat on low. About 8-10 minutes or until mixture sticks to spoon.
Strain in a fine strainer, set aside in fridge.
Stir often before serving over cooled or warm chocolate pasta.
Thank you Lise Lipton! Lise adds that even though this is sauce takes time and careful attention, it is sure to be a romantic evening winner!
Salmon with Persian Lime Olive Oil