No products in the cart.
Pear Salad with walnuts and Feta Cheese
- 3 Average sized Pears
- 2 Tbs of walnut nuts
- 1 lettuce
- ½ cup of pea sprouts
- 3.5 Oz of Greek Feta Cheese
- Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 tsps of virgin olive oil (CA Sevillano or other mild EVOO)
- 2 tsps of vinegar (Oregano or White Balsamic or Pear)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp of finely chopped chive
- Dressing: Put all ingredients in a jar or bowl with a lid. Shake well. Let stand.
- Clean and dry lettuce well. Tear into large pieces.
- Slice pears. You can peel the skin before slicing it, if you want, but it is preferable to use as it since the skin has a lot of fibre and nutrients.
- Combine in a large bowl, pears, lettuce, pea sprouts, feta cheese and walnuts. Just before serving, toss with dressing.
Adapted Recipe from : Mediterranean Diet for All