No products in the cart.
Orzo Arugula Salad with Pesto Balsamic Vinaigrette
Vinaigrette (makes 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons OTOT Trad Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup OTOT Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Basil or medium-bodied olive oil)
- 1 (1-pound) package OTOT Rainbow Orzo
- 3 cups baby arugula, washed
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Whisk all the ingredients together vigorously in a mixing bowl while slowly adding the olive oil. Adjust to taste. Set aside in a container.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and the pasta. Cook until very al dente.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and to wash away some of the starches. (note: only rinse your pasta if it is intended for a cold pasta salad dish). Allow the pasta to cool.
- Toss the cold pasta, tomatoes, and arugula with the pesto dressing. Mix to coat evenly.
- Serve cold.
- Serves 4 to 6
Recipe Adapted from: Dellalo