No products in the cart.
Apple Spice Cake
- 1 cup sugar and 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup OTOT blood orange olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground nutmeg and ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and small diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour bundt pan.
- Combine the flour and remaining dry ingredients and spices into a medium bowl
- With electric beater, cream the sugars, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Slowly add the flour mixture to wet mixture, just until combined. Fold in the apples and pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce.